Monday, July 19, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

Sometimes I tend to have negative self-talk which, combined with me being a habitual line crosser, makes me a hard person to coach. Just ask my trainer. So the new eating plan (animal protein and plant carbs only) I’m on is sometimes a challenge for me because I just flat out don’t want to make the necessary adjustments. True, I want the results, but my unconstructive attitude is a hindrance in my progress - as I was bluntly reminded by my trainer this morning.

What’s happened is I’ve boxed myself into eating only salads paired with chicken, fish, or steak. However, there are a number of other veggies out there that I could eat if only I took the time to prepare them. Besides, I love veggies so why not expand my palette. Part of the reason I stick to the salads, is in all honesty, I’m being lazy. So today, I’ve been challenged by my trainer to add some new veggies to my diet and spice them up. My challenge to YOU is to add some new vegetables to your family’s menu this week. If you’ve wanted to try grilled eggplant or perhaps zucchini, why not give it a try *Lead by example: Let your kids see you eating and enjoying these vegetables and it will leave a lasting impression on them. Who knows they even may start to like them and maybe you will too! So put some new veggies on your grocery list this week – I have.
*Lead by Example is a new item I’ve added this week. I will update it each week with tips and suggestions for ways to improve your family’s lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News