Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Best

Out and About with a smile
As I’ve been contemplating Open Reduction Surgery all week many thoughts have entered my mind. Last night, I started thinking about my favorite athlete, Serena Williams. The woman is a beast with finesse and precision on the court. She has a fighting spirit that allows her to get through tough, gritty matches. She never gives up on herself even when the match looks like it is about to get away from her. She seems to have the same mental fortitude in her personal life as well. Recently, she was sidelined with a non-tennis foot injury (not the first time she’s been injured) which required surgery. The foot injury caused her to miss the first Grand Slam of the year, the Australian Open. To add insult to injury, she holds four Australian Open titles and was the current defending champion. Surely, she hated missing the tournament. Tennis is her passion, her livelihood. However, from the interviews I’ve watched and the photos I’ve seen she seems to keep her spirits high and not let the injury get her down. Once it’s time to rehab, I'm sure she’ll put in the necessary work to return to her dominant nature on the court.

I look to my fitness hero, Serena Williams as I begin my journey through surgery, recovery, and rehab. Although, I don’t have the fame, game, or recognition that Serena has, I see a lot of similar qualities between us.

Pure passion
Injuries can happen to anyone, even the best of the best.                   










Serena was also recently hospitalized for pulmonary embolism. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News