Friday, July 22, 2011

Great People

Mark Twain was right, “Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great.” I've been fortunate enough to have some really great people surrounding and encouraging me throughout this amazing journey - through life in general. I'm currently working with a guy, Steve Schorr, who shares his greatness and his enthusiasm for fitness with me. He constantly reminds me that I too am great. He's the one person who stepped in and has really helped me dial in on the most important factor my diet. He doesn't stop there - at the gym, he gives me that extra push that I need. This morning, I was just about tapped out on the row machine and there he was reminding me of my goal, my greatness. Reminding me to stay strong, stay focused. He also reminded me to slow down some -- for goodness sakes, I am rehabbing a fractured leg. Not to get ahead of myself, in "due time" he said. No doubt, internal motivation is most important, but there's something to be said for external motivation. Somedays we just need that extra push. Today, my push came from Steve. Thanks homie and coach -- to the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News