Thursday, October 10, 2013

TBT: Cooking class fun





Throwback Thursday. Wow. These photos take me back to a happy place. What fun we had on this day! I didn't expect Roasted Vegetables to draw such a crowd but the class was packed!  The energy in the room was electric. I've said this before I love to speak and share my story, but when I speak and cook at the same time -- I come alive! This was the first class at Chuck's where  I had Clark College students in the house!

This was also the day Cari Hachmann (former photographer from The Portland Observer) shot the photos for my first cookbook "Bringing Cooking Back" and lots of the photos for my second cookbook,  "Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box." including the popular cover.

I taught upwards of 40 cooking classes at Chuck's Produce & Street Market over a two year span and this was one of my top three classes. Delicious fun!











No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News