Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pleased as Punch!

I’m feeling mighty good. Let me count the ways…

1. The blog has a small but steady readership – thanks!
2. Farewell Fatso’s Facebook page is just shy of 100 “likes”
3. To date, I’ve lost 141 lbs. and counting…
4. I can officially fit into a department store sized large shirt
5. My BIG wardrobe is gone forever
6. My outreach continues to work. Last week another friend decided to join the gym – citing my diligent FB posts as one of her reasons. I’ve recruited at least four people that I know of.                      
7. And, last but not least my success story now graces the walls of 24-Hour Fitness.

Yep, I’m kinda like a rock star. Seriously, what a great honor to have my story featured on 24-Hour’s Member Success Story wall. It feels good to know that my hard work is noticed and finally I didn’t even have to self-promote (smile).

I’m so thrilled to have you all to share my story with, it cleanses and motivates me. I hope I continue to inspire, and inform you all. Just a heads up, I’ll be taking about a week off from blogging to revamp the blog. I plan to add more childhood obesity related materials, recipes, and information about the highly controversial school lunch programs. Y’all ready to start a movement? Until then check out Farewell Fatso’s FB page for updates.

1 comment:

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News