Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Believe in YOU

Our thoughts are very powerful. "What we think, we become."  I try to only think positive thoughts. I try to surround myself with positive, encouraging  people. By doing so, I stay, well, positive.

Y'all know I'm a huge professional tennis fan. I love the sport, and admire the fortitude it takes to play at that level. The mental, physical. Every day when the player's take the court it's just them against their opponent -- kinda like life, there's just YOU.

A couple of weeks ago, Andy Murray finally won a Grand Slam title. A month prior he won the Gold in singles at the Olympics. It's been a long time coming for him. He's been battling against the top ranked players for several years now with no title.

Yet, he continued to walk out on the court and give it his all. He's even had to change coaches a few times. That must be tough on the psyche. Then there's the naysayers (myself included) who counted him out, never believed he was going to win. I didn't even watch the final because I thought for sure he'd lose. When I saw the final score I was SHOCKED, but also so very happy for him. Actually, I found myself crying. What a beautiful thing -- to NEVER give up on yourself. To always believe in yourself. No matter what anyone else thinks. Wow. That's awesome. Congrats, Andy!

After Andy's victory, I thought about all the people who have supported me and my endeavors (I've had a lot of them). And then there were the folks who didn't quite support my ideas, couldn't really grasp the depth of my vision. That's cool. I'm thankful for them too because really at the end of the day It doesn't matter much what anyone else thinks. It's what I think. It's what I believe. Like Andy Murray, I've been counted out by some folks, but I believe in myself so I just keep playing to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News