Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What's Happening: September

Bye-bye summer, hello fall. I love transitioning into the calmer, cooler months.  With the release of my NEW cookbook, Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box   September 2012, however, will be far from calm, it will be busy, busy, busy. Lots of cookbook promotion and community building happening this month.

This weekend
On a personal note, I'm super-excited to have my first ever BouDoir photo shoot -- I received it as a 40th birthday gift and for all my hard work ! I can't wait to get all dolled up! Make-up, nails, hair, and oh all the outfit changes. Super fun!
--
I'm looking forward to returning to Chuck's Produce & Street Market for my first cooking class since I went into full cookbook production late May. This is going to be an extra-special class. It marks my one year anniversary teaching cooking classes. To commemorate I will feature Lettuce Wraps (the very same recipe I began with) and I'll have copies of the new book for sale.

Tuesday, September 11th

6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Outside of the Box: Asian and Mediterranean inspired lettuce wraps. Fresh, tasty, and easy to prepare.
  • Classes are F-R-E-E
  • Please call store to sign-up for class and reserve your seat
  • Class size is limited to about 20
Chuck's Produce & Street Market
13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd.
Vancouver, 98684
360. 597.2700
--
Later in the week, I'll be at Tully's Coffee for a cookbook signing.

Friday, September 14th
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box-- Cookbook Signing
Step OUTSIDE of the prepared food box
Tully's Coffee
1801 SE 164th Ave.
Vancouver 98683
360.256.1114
--
Sunday, September 23rd
11:30 a.m - 1:30 p.m.
Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box-- Cookbook Signing
Di Tazza Gourmet Coffee & Cafe                                                                               
2100 Southeast 192nd Avenue
Vancouver 98683
360.210.7087


---
To end the month...

Wednesday, September 26
6- 7:30 p.m.
"5 or 50" Women's Sustainable Weight Loss & Lifestyle Group 
Cascade Park Community Library
600 NE 136th Ave
Vancouver, 98684
360.256.7782

    September proves to be plenty of busy and fun! I hope to see you out and about. Here, there, and every where. If for any reason you aren't able to make any of these dates. No worries. My October calendar has double the dates including a return to Clark College bookstore and a snacking presentation and book signing at Cascade Park Community Library.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

    The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

    · Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
    overweight or obese.

    · Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
    medical burden every year.

    · Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


    Source: CBS News