Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Process

I've poured my heart and soul into creating Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box. I've spent months and months researching recipes, writing recipes, and creating an appealing layout and design for the cookbook. Once the book was written along with three others (two from Clark College's health department) we went through it one recipe at a time, page-by-page to check for inconsistencies, errors, etc. The book was looking good and all set to go...

Then a big hiccup, for a myriad of reasons late in the process of editing I decided to change printing companies. At that point there were only three weeks left to print and deliver the books to Clark College bookstore. Heavy sigh. After a search, I decided to print with Minuteman Press of Vancouver, WA and they have enthusiastically been able to meet my needs and timeline. Although changing printers late production was stressful. I am so happy that I made the change. I'm sure that I'm getting a much better final product - the cover design is amazing and the small details inside like the colored box page numbers. Oh yeah!

Super-excited...We are in full production folks! Books will be finished printing by tomorrow, Friday, August 24th. Earlier this week, I went to take a behind-the-scenes peek. Here's what I found:


 



This has been quite a process but not in vain. I'm so very proud to present my labor of love to you. Click here to pre-order YOUR copy. 





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Chrisetta! All your hard work is beginning to pay off. You are going to be famous girl! :)

    Best wishes, Shiela Strubel
    Mindful Magazine and Strubel Studios

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sheila -- hopefully famous and rich! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News