Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Catering by Chrisetta: 40th Surprise Birthday Party


My friend and client Christie asked me to cater a surprise birthday party for her husband, Derek. I've never been involved in, or to a surprise party. So, I was super excited to be involved. And man was I involved, my job was to feed a crowd of thirty. 
 

Derek is a big, athletic guy and he sure can eat. With that in mind, I tailored the menu around his appetite: Blue Cheese Burgers, Guacamole Burgers, Beef Kebabs, Potato Salad, Tomato & Corn Quinoa Salad, Simple Slaw with Peanut Dressing, Crudités with Ranch Dip, and Tortilla Chips with salsa and guacamole. I pride myself on making all my sauces, spreads, dressings from scratch and hand chopping all my vegetables and fruits. It's that whole OUTSIDE of the Box thing, ya know?

Here's a look-see at all the deliciousness!

Prep Day








 Party Day






The birthday fella couldn't stay away from the grill (it's usually his job)



The birthday fella and his '73 Corvette



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News