Monday, September 2, 2013

Taste of Summer

As the summer comes to an end...A look at some of the summer meals I prepared using seasonal produce. I was fortunate to be the receiver of plenty of cucumbers, tomatoes, and squash from my Mama's Garden.

Garden Fresh Salad with tomatoes and cucumbers from Mama's Garden on a bed of romaine lettuce. Made from scratch Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. Sometimes a girl just has to have Ranch. Ya know?



Asian Cucumber Salad: Mama's Garden has kept me in cucumbers and tomatoes this season. I've been putting them to good use.



Taste of Summer--Strawberry Spinach Salad


Taste of Summer -- Chopped Santa Fe Salad with a from scratch avocado dressing. Boasting freshness with the use of garden goods: Tomatoes, jalapeños, sweet summer corn, black beans, red onion, cilantro on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce drowsed in freshly squeezed lime juice.


Taste of Summer-- Salad Nicoise a French Inspired delight.Traditionally, it's served with Tuna, but I go with Salmon.


 
Stuffed Squash -- Squash and zucchini are abundant in most home gardens this time of year. My clients were looking for an OUTSIDE of the Box way to make good use of theirs. Here's the results.

  

Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches topped with Cilantro Lime Slaw



 Grilled Vegetable Kebabs -- A great, tasty way to get your veggies in.





Grilled Lemon Rosemary Chicken Kebabs
  



Blueberry Crumble -- Summertime is berrytime. Blueberries happen to be my favorite in all their berry splendor. I like to eat this crumble as is or served with a dollop of Mascarpone.



Mixed Berry Compote --  Since I had a medley of berries that were subject to go bad if I didn't eat them right away. I decided to make a Mixed Berry Compote of them. A delightful, lightly sweet way to top most anything you desire. Served here with plain Greek yogurt. The possibilities, however, are endless.

To see more of my food dishes follow me on Pinterest here,

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Your all dishes are looking very delicious. It seems very tasty and healthy too. I will try it.

    Regards,
    Tahitian Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News