Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Thanksgiving Favorite: Cranberry-Orange Relish




Thanksgiving steeped in tradition, with food and family at the forefront. So many memories shared around the dinner table. One of my favorite accompaniments to my mother's savory, rich corn bread dressing has always been cranberry sauce.

When I became serious about my health and cooking, I decided it was time to ditch the canned cranberry sauce and make my very own. For the past several years, my Cranberry-Orange Relish has earned a spot on our family's Thanksgiving table.

With Thanksgiving just a week away, I want to share my recipe with you. It's super simple, bursting with flavor, and only uses four ingredients. Perhaps it will become a favorite with your family too.







Cranberry-Orange Relish

Tangy, sweet and bursting with flavor this relish is memorable

Ingredients
2 (12-ounce) packages cranberries, fresh 
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick


Directions
Put all the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve at room temperature or cool and refrigerate. Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News