Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Repost: I apologize

Dear Body,

If only I would have cherished you long ago, but instead I abused you and took advantage of you. For years, I ate all the wrong food. Not once did I think of how the food I ate affected you and your ability to perform. It was very typical of me to eat enormous servings of fat laden foods and then wash it all down with sugary drinks. I avoided physical activity like the plague. I never stopped to think about the damage I was causing you by my lack of exercise.

Oh, precious body. I’m so sorry for everything I’ve done to you. Thank you for hanging in there with me despite all the abuse. I realize how fortunate I am to not have developed any major conditions or diseases due to my neglectful ways. It has taken me the better part of my life to figure out what a truly intricate, amazing, and beautiful machine you are. You deserve the highest of respect. I vow from this day forward to never forsake you again. I promise to eat healthy foods that nourish you and to exercise regularly to keep you strong.



Love always,



Chrisetta

*Originally posted 12/29/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News