Saturday, June 15, 2013

shop.prep.cook @ home

It was a shop.prep.cook kinda day at my place. After gathering goods from three grocery stores, I went to work prepping and cooking for the upcoming week.

Here's a couple of salads I whipped up:

Bungalow Chicken Salad

This salad is inspired by the "Waldorf Chicken Salad," but since I created it in my bungalow and changed the ingredients I felt a new name was in order. Chicken, red grapes, celery, green onions, sliced almonds, a light lemon, olive oil mix replaces the original creamy caloric dressing.



Kale & Carrot Salad

This salad is a play off of New Seasons Market Kale & Carrot salad. While there version is really good, I made some adjustments and it's ridiculously good.  A bunch of curly Kale, carrots, sunflower seeds, a unique dressing with: Tamari, rice vinegar, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic, fresh ginger, sour cream, and a hint of fresh lemon juice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News