Monday, November 8, 2010

The Best Is Yet To Come


Fighting childhood obesity has turned out to be an amazing, joyous, challenging journey. As I travel the road to better health and fitness at each turn I notice something new about my body. I can jump higher when I do a jumping jack. I’m not as fatigued when taking back-to-back exercise classes. I can jog. When I look in the mirror my looks are always changing too. At each phase I think wow! I look thinner. My legs are more muscular. My middle seems trimmer. So I can see my progress I chronicle my transformation by taking photos. It’s remarkable how at every phase I look at myself and I feel so proud and accomplished. I think geez I’m looking really good, but on the flip side when I look back at the photos I think whoa I still have a ways to go or gosh I thought I had arrived. While at the gym the other day one of my trainer friends said to me, “The best is yet to come,” and you know what he’s right. I haven’t even peaked yet.




November 2010


August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News