Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Recovery journal: The Final Entry

Day 123: Physical Therapy, no more. Orthopedic doctor, no more. Today, marks the end of a long recovery journey. When I was first sidelined with this injury, I honestly had to dig down and find every ounce of internal strength and motivation to get through. I knew the ONLY way I could recover was with a positive attitude. Such as life, I had days where I let negativity in, but mostly I was able to stay focused and not hang my head too much. Okay, enough with all that here's what happened today:


I had a physical therapy appointment and after some range of motion and strength exams - I have been released from physical therapy. No more PT. Happy dance. Heeeeeeeeey. 


After PT I had my four-month post-op appointment with Orthopedic doctor and ... I have been cleared to return to all my pre-injury workouts. Yes, NO restrictions. Oh yeah, he did say he'd prefer that I didn't play basketball - too much jumping - especially with my wicked crossover. I'm able to:

  • Squat
  • Lunge
  • Deadlift
  • Jumping Jack
  • Push-up
  • Yoga
  • Zumba
  • Etc.

So as long as I feel comfortable with the exercise I am free to do it. Both PT and doctor say that my slight limp will eventually just fade away once my muscles become stronger. PT recommends I start Yoga again, it will be a great way for me to strengthening my leg and also help with balance. Ironically, I saw one of my favorite Yoga instructors a couple hours after my appointment - too funny. Anyway, the doctor feels the only real limits I will have now are the limits I place on myself. With that said, I see a kick-butt full body cardio workout beginning with a dynamic warm-up in the near future, like tomorrow.  Oh yeah, and I'm sure there will be a sighting of me at my fave reggae club getting my groove on. Watch out. It's official -- I'm back!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News