Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Talk is cheap

I've encountered lots of folks who say they are going to do something and for whatever reason they don't. They probably started off with the best of intentions, but just didn't deliver. So I've learned over the years that "Actions speak louder than words."

As I transform myself from obese to fit part of my journey involves me sharing my story with you all. In a blog post I wrote titled, "Game On," I promised myself and y'all that I would not gain a single pound and my goal was to lose at least a pound a week. Well, let's just say I did not quite meet the challenge. I'm proud to say that I did NOT gain a single pound.  I fell short, however, on the weight I wanted to lose and I currently find myself in a sort of plateau. Disappointing? Sure. Defeating? Heck no. Time to re-evaluate, make necessary adjustments, and forge ahead. As we begin June,  it's time to up the ante -- talk is cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News