Monday, October 8, 2012

Celebrating me!


It's been a long time coming. I've worked hard to get to where I am today. I haven't always been happy, content, and at a peace with myself.  So don't mind me if I brag about my accomplishments, toot my own horn, and celebrate my success -- I've earned it!
  • I've lost 170 pounds in the slow lane with a conscious change to my diet and regular exercise. In turn, I've gained a whole lot of self-confidence and self-love. 
  • I've authored two cookbooks, both of them in circulation at the Fort Vancouver Regional Library and my latest -- Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box is a required textbook at Clark College
  • I write a successful blog that inspires, encourages and educates. Sometimes, my blog is even featured in print in The Live Well section of The Columbian newspaper. 
  • I teach cooking classes, speak at venues, and facilitate women's groups -- I foster community.
Oh, and I recently turned 40 and am in the best shape of my life -- mentally, physically, and emotionally. Sure, there's more that I want to accomplish, but right now, today -- I'm happy, healthy, and living my life to the fullest. I'm not putting anything off until tomorrow, including celebrating. I'm celebrating me!

Yesterday, Lydene Robertson Photography invited me into her lovely studio to help me celebrate myself and my successes. Thank you Lydene for showing me how truly beautiful I am -- you are AMAZING. Thanks to Camille Goldy Saari of Posh Skin and Hair for doing a fabulous job on my makeup and hair and making me so pretty.

For those who have never had a professional photo shoot -- you should. It's time to start celebrating YOU. I highly recommend, without any reservations Lydene Robertson Photography






 









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News