Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Refocus

Busy. Busy. Here. There. Everywhere. Book signings, speaking engagements, cooking classes, facilitating women's groups. Then there's all the behind-the-scene stuff, y'all never see.

So, here I am again -- in a funk. Off track with my eating and workout regimen, and not getting proper rest. A recipe for a stressed out, unhappy Chrisetta. Watch out!

I love the way healthy living feels. I never thought I would enjoy working out so much. Eating vegetables. Raw carrots for snacks. So why then do I fall off track? Good question. Maybe because old habits die hard. Healthy living is a new way of life for me so I always default to what I practiced for 36 years. I've been blogging since 2010 and unfortunately, there's a number of blogs on this subject so I'm not gonna spend a lot time trying to rationalize this.

The bottom line is -- I know what I need to do. What makes me feel good. What makes me happy. It's simple. It's just a matter of staying committed to it. Not missing my workouts - scheduling them in amongst everything else. Sticking with my healthful eating. I know better than this. There are NO excuses.

I love what I do! I want to be your real example. But, if I don't care of myself how can I help anyone else. I have to find a way to balance it all.  It's time to return to the basics. It's time to refocus on Chrisetta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News