Tuesday, October 16, 2012

No Sales Pitch

It happens to me all the time. I guess people figure since I'm overweight. Surely, I have to be looking for a way to shed some pounds -- and quick. Besides, I ooze motivation and enthusiasm, all the makings of a great poster child.

I've been approached by Advocare, Medifast, you name it. And what's the deal with Kangen Water? Anyway, I always politely entertain their propositions and once home I file their cards in the recycle bin. There has been a few occasions when I went so far as to have coffee with a rep. I enjoy coffee and perhaps a pastry (yes, I eat pastries occasionally) if I'm in the mood. The rep turns down everything on the menu in lieu of a packet of one of their products. Really? We sit down to chat. It never usually ends well. Probably because I'm a no non-sense type gal. There's really no grey area with me. I shoot at the hip. So that's probably why I don't buy into fads, gimmicks. I read between the lines and analyze.

Recently, I received a compliment from a couple of women "We wanted to work with you because we could tell you are genuine. You're not selling anything." They're right. I can promise you this. When you come to any of my events, I'm simply sharing my story in hopes to motivate, inspire, and encourage you to be better, healthier.

Here's the thing, ladies and gentlemen: My theory, method, sales pitch is tried and true. Eat real food that is from the earth and move your body.  Rest assured when you see me out and about in the community. I'll be free from bottles, packets, and boxes. Instead, I'll be offering up my methods on how you can live a sustainable healthy lifestyle. My energy and motivation can be shared, not bought.

When you see me here, there, everywhere --  there's no sales pitch, no gimmicks. Just a gal trying to motivate, inspire you to be a better, healthier you. Okay, maybe I haven't been completely truthful -- I will have my 20 dollar cookbook for sale so that you can create, delicious, simple meals using everyday ingredients at home.  '

I truly stand by my theory: Everything we need is available from the earth and with the movement of our bodies. No supplements, packaged foods, and crazy restrictions in our diets. The path to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle is all that I'm pitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News