Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime

For the month of November, to honor Thanksgiving lots of folks post what they are thankful for on their Facebook pages. Of all the Facebook interactions I find this one worthy. So every other day or so I try to chime in. Here's what I wrote on Sunday: "I am thankful for the support and love of so many. They may have entered my life for a reason, season, or a lifetime. No matter, I'm grateful. Thank you for helping me along this amazing journey. Everyday I get to help someone in some way. Through words. Through actions. Through food.  

I'd like to expand on this post a little. People enter our lives for many reasons and sometimes they are meant to be in our lives forever. Forever is a mighty long time, however, and everyone is not meant to be in your life in that capacity. That's okay.

You may come out to your car after a movie and find your car battery is dead.  A Good Samaritan gives you a jump. A reason. You are working on a major project and someone with a necessary skill set or product comes along and donates their time and resources. A season. Then there are your loved ones -- family and friends who will be there with you through thick and thin. A lifetime.

We may not be in contact anymore for whatever reason. Our time together has expired. But I still appreciate you and what you brought to my life. It's the sum of my experiences, exchanges with others that make me who I am. Forever grateful, thankful for reasons, seasons, and a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News