|Filling out the end of year survey|
I want the group to be a safe place, a comfortable environment. Where we can share and grow. In order to grow, however, we are going to have to get a little uncomfortable. I told the ladies. "We have to come out of our comfort zones."
With a fist pump, I said, "We can't stay here and change."
I created the group with them in mind. I want to empower them to change and I want them to own the group. So for our meeting last night I put together a survey to get their feedback about the group thus far and to help guide our future time together.
"I want to start 2013 off STRONG." I said. "Let's claim 2013 as our best year yet."
"2013 will be our best year yet." The group said together in unison.
To gear us up for the new year I put together a SMART GOALS and ACTION PLAN packet (the Wellness Coaching class I took last year at Clark College in full effect). Then we went around the room going over small changes that we can implement between now and the new year. The SMART packets are our homework over the holiday break. When we come together for our first meeting of 2013 we will share them with one another and then get to work, making the changes. And, ultimately changing our lives.
We are beautiful, strong, capable, and SMART.
|Gen and Peggy -- Newcomers|
More about SMART GOALS---
A SMART goal is:
- S is for SPECIFIC. Decide what you are going to do and how to do it.
- M is for MEASURABLE. Keep track of how you are doing.
- A is for ACHIEVABLE. Pick something you think you can do. Start with small changes. Is running a 4-minute mile possible for you?
- R is for REALISTIC or (REWARD). Be realistic about the goals you set. Getting down to your high school weight after having 3 children may not be realistic. Set a goal that you can not only attain, but is in reason for you. You know yourself best.
- T is for TIME-SPECIFIC. Give your goal a deadline.
SMART goals are to be written down in a certain way, it gives them even greater power.
“Goals not written down are just wishes.”
The blog post that inspired the group:
Join us for our first meeting of 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
6 - 7:30 p.m.Cascade Park Community Library
600 NE 136th Ave