Monday, November 5, 2012

What's Cookin' in November

For the past couple of months I've been out and about -- here, there, everywhere signing cookbooks like crazy and encouraging you to step OUTSIDE of the prepared food box.  For the month of November -- I'm going on a cookin' frenzy. It's time for me to show you how to whip up the simple, delicious meals from the cookbook.

I'm super-duper excited for this opportunity...I'll host PRIVATE store tours and cooking classes for 100! Clark College  Yes, 100! "Food and Your Health" students at Chuck's Produce & Street Market. This is the first class of this type for the college, the store, and me too. 

First up, I'll take the students on a grocery shopping tour and then we'll head back to kitchen for a cooking class featuring recipes straight from the cookbook. 

I'll host four private classes with 25 students each class -- two sessions on Friday, November 9th and two sessions on Friday November 16th. I'm honored to be a part of the college's efforts to "bridge the gap between theory and practice for the students." Stay tuned for more as the delicious fun happens.

I'm just warming up! I'll host my regular cooking classes at Chuck's. Back by popular demand I'll make my "To Die For Southwestern Chicken Soup" and Sweet Potato Bisque-- Sunday, November 18th, 2 -3:30 p.m. and on Friday, November 30th, 1- 2:30 p.m. I'll whip up my "Simply Unforgettable Tomato Soup" with Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Check the class schedule and call the store to reserve your seat -- classes fill quickly!


There's more...I may need a fire extinguisher! Tuesday, November 13th at 7 p.m., I've been invited to host a Healthy Food On-The-Go seminar at the BEST training studio in town -- Northwest Personal Training.

On the menu:
  • Cashew Whole Food Energy Bars
  • Blueberry Banana Kale Smoothies
  • Veggie Wraps
Register for this event here.

I'm so looking forward to creating delicious memories with you. Hope to see you somewhere in the mix this November.


Happy Shopping, Cooking, and Eating!






---


For those who missed it, I started November with a  LIVE appearance on talk radio. I was  promoting Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box on KBOO's Black Book Talk.  Listen to the PODCAST here. Warning: I was really high strung it must have been the chia seeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News