Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Outside of the Box: Clark College Spring '13

Today, I spent the better of my day guest lecturing at Clark College. Three classes with about 90 students! This is the third quarter my cookbook, "Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box" has been used as part of the curriculum for Health 100: Food and Your Health -- surreal. 

My lectures focus on the sections from the cookbook: Grocery shopping, kitchen basics, and in this case how to prepare whole grains. I also demonstrated a couple of recipes from the cookbook so the students can see how simple and delicious eating Outside of the Box can be.
 
I absolutely love visiting campus. There's something about the energy, the youthfulness. I am thrilled, humbled, and honored to be a part of the students educational journey to health.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News