Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stronger

I feel amazing, strong. This afternoon, I successfully intensely rowed for 50 minutes. I've rowed with the crew before, but today was different. I matched them stroke for stroke. With the same level of intensity.

It takes strength and great effort to row -- you want the the power in your legs. It took me a while, but today I felt it in my legs. The sound of the water: swish, swish. That was assurance -- I was in unison with the crew. The rowing crew.

A few days ago, I was chatting with Sherri (owner of Northwest Personal Training) about my fitness goals. Sherri advised me not to focus so much on my weight, but focus on getting stronger. She said, the stronger you get, the more efficient your body will perform. And eventually the pounds will drop. She used some other fancy training terminology, but that's the gist of it.

Working out is not only about physical strength -- it's more about the mental strength. I battle with myself often, but when I get out of my own way, I'm stronger, more efficient. Today, I feel stronger than ever. Thanks Sherri and NWPT for helping me get stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News