Thursday, June 14, 2012

Look here

Another funny exchange between me and Kara (Fitness Director of NWPT) outside of the studio. Something about our outdoor exchanges. Maybe it's the fresh air and no walls.

This time the subject was my leg (remember, I was hit by a car just about 18 months ago and suffered a fractured tibia). For the last couple of months, I have been feeling really strong, as if I had made a full recovery. Then a few weeks ago, in boot camp while doing an exercise on my knees I felt something pop. It's been a rough go ever since. So, I've refrained from boot camp and instead have been cycling and rowing like crazy. I love cardio, but I need muscle strengthening too. It's frustrating my mind says, "Go. Go. Go." My leg says, "Hold up wait a minute."

Anyhoo, I went on about how my leg is not cooperating.  My ankle has even been puffy and swollen -- raising my pant leg to show her. Yeah, this all happened right on the corner of Evergreen and Broadway. After inspection, she agreed it was definitely swollen. Her advice: Keep icing and elevating my leg especially after working out. Be careful and mindful of my actions I don't want to re-injure myself. My advice to my leg "Look here I have training to do, living to do. Get with the program."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News