Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Touching toes

Ahh... This morning I sat on the side of my bed...stretching, stretching, stretching. Wiggling my toes. Bending over, touching my toes, massaging my ankles.

I know it seems silly to some, but I use to weigh almost 400 pounds. Stretching, bending over and touching my toes, ankles was not easy. Back then, I would bend over only if it was an emergency. Like, I had to pick something up-- God forbid. It was quite a task, the blood would rush to my head,  I'd break out in a little sweat, and become almost breathless from performing an everyday simple function - bending. So, today, I celebrate stretching, bending, and touching my toes. It feels good, and so do I.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News