Thursday, January 17, 2013

Young 'Uns: Outside of the Box

Again, I say, I love what I do!

Yesterday, I hosted my first ever cooking class for the kiddos. My goal is to teach 'em early how to use whole foods to make delicious simple snacks and meals. OUTSIDE of the Box! Yesterday's menu: Fresh fruit cups (apples, oranges, and bananas), Blueberry Banana Kale Smoothies, and Bean and Cheese Burritos.

Invaluable lessons --
I showed them basic kitchen techniques and utensils.
We talked about the importance of nourishing our bodies with real food and when the fun was over everyone pitched in to help clean
.

Here's a look-see at the delicious fun!












No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News