Monday, January 21, 2013

Meatless Monday's

Once upon a time meat was the largest portion on my plate. I'm proud to say that's changed. Now-a-days, my plate is heavy on the plants (vegetables and fruits). I've come to embrace this healthier option after taking health courses, reading, and watching documentaries. I've cut back on my animal protein considerably. And, honestly, I don't miss it.

Believe it or not, I'm not going to stand on my soapbox about meat consumption and how it effects our health and our environment. This is a HUGE topic that I've kinda tackled passively at least in a few previous blogs. I've reposted them below.

Anyhow, I do enjoy a meatless meal now and again. Today, I'll do just that. To celebrate Meatless Monday I whipped up a simple meatless dish that I ate for lunch and will reheat with ease for dinner. Sautéed mini bell peppers, red onions, spinach and garlic over a bed of brown rice with black beans and a drizzling of a Lime Vinaigrette (not shown). Delish! 

If I've piqued your interest here's some sites that may be helpful:

Meatless Monday
Forks Over Knives 
Fresh 
Dr. Joel Fuhrman

 
Past blog posts sorta related:

Meatless Monday
Retrain your brain
Fresh and far away
Disturbing trends
Like the Incas




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News