Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Disturbing trends

Since I've been on a mission to live a healthy, fit lifestyle my senses have been heightened - sometimes that is not a good thing. A few disturbing trends I've noticed as of  late have me singing, Marvin Gaye's: "Dah, dah, dah...Make me wanna holler and throw up both my hands."

  1. Starbucks inside grocery stores. An open invitation for you to consume a few hundred EMPTY calories while you shop. Shopping and  sipping on a sugary liquid crack drink. SMH. Even more disturbing, when you buy your kid one too. 
  2. Subway "Eat Fresh". Huh? Deli meat is full of carcinogens. And, I'm sure the press board type from Subway must just be... I find it somewhat odd though that the American Heart Association endorses them. Oh and the Subway by my house has a 24-Hour drive-thru. 
  3. Little Caesar's Large Pepperoni pizza for five bucks. Do I really need to spell this out? You get what you pay for! Heavy, heavy sigh. They also have a drive-thru. 
  4. Microwave popcorn. Disgusting. Have you ever looked at what's in the bag? And, seriously now it's to the point we can't even take a few minutes to pop, popcorn on the stove. 
  5. Candy sales. I see more and more candy sale ads. You know that cheap candy, Reese's, M&M's, etc. 3 for $1.
Man, oh, man folks. They really have a clever way of marketing this stuff to us - mainly making it cheap and convenient. Please be smarter about your choices - it may cost more up front but in the long run - you're worth it!  Dah, dah, dah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News