Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm Worth It, You're Worth It!

There's no price tag on my health, my livelihood. My gym membership dues are a mandatory part of my budget. Working out makes me feel good.  Eating Cage Free 100% Vegetarian Fed Eggs is a must. They just taste better.

Last summer, I wrote a post "I'm Worth It." where I mentioned how my mother complained about me spending nearly $8.00 for asparagus. A similar situation occurred recently.  I had the pleasure of shopping with my friend's mother. I was  introducing her to some healthy items she could have on stock in her pantry and fridge to whip up healthy meals. Well, she was a little reluctant to spend on some of the items. We were shopping at Chuck's Produce  and they are a little upscale. So they will have some sales, but most things are a little spendy. The way I explained it to her was simple -- you're worth it. It's just a couple dollars more and the quality of these items are noticeable.  When you buy organic you can tell the difference. Organic food is better for you and it simply tastes better. She decided to splurge on some items that day that she would have normally not bought. Ha. She even went all out and bought an Organic salad dressing. So next time your conflicted about the price tag of your health - stop -- you're worth it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News