Thursday, July 21, 2011

Drive-thrus and ATMs

No quick fix.  Just a never, give up attitude and HARD work.
We are a society that craves instant gratification. Fast food drive-thrus, ATMs, and 1-10 item check-out lanes at the grocery store. We don't like to wait. We want, what we want -- now. So no surprise that when it comes to losing weight and adapting a new healthy lifestyle we're no different. The changes aren't happening quick enough, we grow impatient. We become discouraged. We...

I can honestly tell you, ladies and gentleman the drive-thru (DT), ATM mindset does not work when it comes to losing weight. This is the HARDEST thing I've ever done in my life so I'm speaking from experience. The only way to get the weight off is through hard work, diligence, and a sense of humor. There were plenty of times when I became discouraged because the scale wasn't moving (it's at a stand still right now), I wasn't able to perform a push-up, or I had a slip-up and indulged in chocolate chip cookies. These types of things are normal -- it's life. Instead of hanging my head and throwing in the towel, I made adjustments. Heck, in July 2004 I had gastric bypass surgery which was my DT, ATM approach and that did not work. Sure, I lost some weight, but ultimately it wasn't until I truly made up my mind and put in the necessary work through diet and exercise that I began to see results. The point, is I did not give up. I dismissed the DT, ATM approach and took control.

I think it's important I mention that results shouldn't only be tied to the scale when trying to lose weight. Look to other things like a change in your endurance, strength, and your attitude. Yes, the goal is to lose weight but ultimately the goal should be a lifestyle change. The way I live my life today looks totally different then in July 2004. I say all this to say, if you plan to set out on a path to healthy living and weight loss, there is no quick fix. Stay focused. Stay diligent. Leave your DT, ATM mindset behind because folks this all about HARD work.


"Hard work pays off. When someone tells you otherwise, beware the sales pitch for something “fast and easy” that’s about to come next. The greater your capacity for hard work, the more rewards fall within your grasp. The deeper you can dig, the more treasure you can potentially find." Steve Pavlina

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News