Friday, February 22, 2013

OUTSIDE of the Box: Clark College Winter '13

Yesterday, I delivered back-to-back lectures for Health 100: Food and Your Health. This time at the snazzy new Clark College campus - Columbia Tech Center. What can I say, I get around. 

Over the course of two weeks, I delivered six lectures to more than 125, Health 100: Food and Your Health students and a lecture for Health 104: Weight and Your Health, 30 students.

My goal was to arm the students with grocery shopping motivation, kitchen basics, and of course,  show them how simple it is to whip up fresh, real food that is enjoyable.

Here's what Veronica says about the experience: "...It fills the gap between theory and practice, allowing students to apply the content they learn in class to advance their health – in a most delicious way."

At the end of each class, I asked if they (students) could prepare the dishes that I demonstrated to them. They all answered yes they could and promised they would. I did what I sought out to do -- I OFFICIALLY helped more than 150 students step OUTSIDE of the processed food box. Doing what I love, loving what I do!

Thanks to the Health Department of Clark College for calling on me to do this fun, but important work. Extra-special thanks to Veronica Brock, Erin Staples, and Kristen Myklebust for having me in their classes.

Here's a look-see at the delicious fun!

Lecture 1: Weight and Your Health 
February 4th


Lecture 2 : Food and Your Health 
February 13th



Lecture 3 and 4: Food and Your Health 
February 14th





Lecture 5: Food and Your Health 
February 19th


Lecture 6 and 7: Food and Your Health 
February 21st



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News