Friday, February 15, 2013

V day!

Yesterday, was V day with a double meaning. It was Valentine's Day, but I also declare it Veronica day. A little history...Veronica Brock was my Health 100: Food and Your Health professor at Clark College just over a year ago. She's the force behind me learning so much about food, how it is meant to nourish our bodies, and how the food we eat relates to our health and the environment.

As I learned and blossomed she recognized the seed she planted. After completing the course we stayed in touch. She's the force behind me authoring -- Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box, how it became a REQUIRED book for the class, and how I've come to have the pleasure of guest lecturing at Clark College.

So yesterday for me to lecture in the very classroom with her by my side was AWESOME.

She won't take much credit for my success. Instead, she says it my enthusiasm and determination that got me the deal. But, I argue she absolutely has to take some of the credit. She believed in me and my ideas. Thanks for putting me on V. Forever grateful.

"For Veronica -- In Food and In Health."



"...Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great.”





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News