Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fortune favors the bold

I was watching the Australian Open a couple of weeks ago. Y'all know how I am about my tennis! While calling an intense match one commentator used the phrase "Fortune favors the bold." I thought, hmm...

It's so true. On and off the court. Those willing to take risks. Those who are unafraid of stepping outside of their comfort zone's. Those who are bold generally are rewarded. I for one have always been pretty bold in my approach in most everything. I'm not afraid to be told no. There's one thing for certain the answer will always be no if I don't ask. Coincidentally, I received a letter of recommendation yesterday that reads:

"...In the 14 years I have been the branch librarian for Cascade Park Community Library, I have encountered a number of people with ideas for programs or displays for the library. About 18 months ago, I was told that a woman named Chrisetta Mosley wanted to tell her story about her struggle to lose weight. I remember thinking that I couldn't visualize a library program based on her story. However I went out to meet her and discovered a charming charismatic woman who not only wanted to tell her story but also share her ideas for how other people could discover a healthier lifestyle...Since then she has done several programs for the Cascade Park Community Library...In all these presentations, Chrisetta works hard to promote, and to come up with new ideas...She is definitely developing a following in the community. I am certainly pleased that Chrisetta took the bold move to present her ideas to me." ~Teresa Torres -- Cascade Park Community Librarian

So I urge YOU to take a few risks, step outside of YOUR comfort zone. Remember, "Fortune favors the bold."


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News