Friday, March 8, 2013

Be the change

When I began this amazing journey of self-discovery and weight loss in 2009. I simply was trying to find myself. I did not like who I had become and so I set off on a quest to become a better person inside and out. I spent a lot of time reflecting, walking, sitting still with myself, and sharing my daily trials and triumphs with you. At the time, I was sharing because it was helpful for me. Little did I know, my words and actions would inspire, encourage, and help others.

Fast forward: Friday, March 8, 2013. Not only have I found myself, I've recreated myself. Today, it's so clear to me that this journey hasn't only been about me, but instead how I could help others -- blogging, motivational talks, cooking classes, and authoring cookbooks. Today, though I'm still working on myself, I've also become a health ambassador to you all. I inspire, encourage, and help you to eat better, live better, be better.

As I reflect, I think of this famous Gandhi quote, “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” All of us have special talents and gifts. When you tap into them, when you share your gifts, no matter how big or small...I tell you, it is the greatest reward and feeling. I'm reminded of that every single day through emails, FB posts, or when I meet you at a class, presentation, or for coffee.

Yesterday, I met with a fella, Joe for coffee. It was a business meeting, I had never met him before. Him and I chatted about my needs, my ideas. If you've ever heard me talk, I'm pretty passionate about my ideas. Anyway, we talked for over two hours and as the meeting came to a close, Joe said to me:  "I like talking to you, you make me feel good." Ahh... Life is so much more fulfilling when you share with others, give to others.

Throughout this self-discovery and weight loss journey, I've discovered what I'm passionate about, what makes me "feel good" actually helps others. So, today, I share, share, share in any and every way I can.  I want all of us to be healthier, happier, and live better. This is not just my journey, it's yours.



Joe - feeling good -- Outside of the Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News