Friday, March 1, 2013

What's Happening in March

Sometimes, I just have to pause and say thank you. First and foremost to God for all His Gifts and Blessings. Next, I'm grateful, thankful, and appreciative for everyone who supports and encourages me. I love what I do (Speaking, cooking, blogging) and I wouldn't be able to do it without the support of my loved ones and folks from the community. Thank you!

February was fantastic but also had traces of being a little frantic.  I spoke more times than I ever spoke in one month in February 2013 -- including  nine lectures at Clark College some were even back-to-back.  Phew.
 
I've made quite a few new connections over the past few months, which leads to lots of new opportunities. I'm really excited about the connection I've made with The Fruit Valley Foundation (FVF). And, super-stoked that FVF has engaged me to do a FREE six-week program for the community of Fruit Valley -- Learn how to Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box with Chrisetta Mosley.  The program will offer fresh, healthy OUTSIDE of the Box ideas and recipes to anyone who lives, works, or plays in the Fruit Valley neighborhood. The program begins on Tuesday, March 19th, 4-5:30 p.m. See flyer for all the details.
 



Another new venue -- Lacamas Sport & Swim has asked me to do a Healthy Food Presentation for their SilverSneakers group. I'll be there Friday, March 15th, 12 - 1 p.m. *For Lacamas Sport & Swim members ONLY 

On March 19th and 21st I'll be back on campus at Clark College hosting a cooking demo for their Health 100: Food and Your Health finals.

Here's a list of all my events for the month of March:

Sunday, March 10th
2:00 - 3:30 p.m. 


Outside of the Box: Salads with Whole Grains

Join me as I show you how to create healthy salads using whole grains.

  • Classes are F-R-E-E
  • Class size is limited to about 20
  • Please call store to sign up for class and reserve your seat

Chuck's Produce & Street Market
13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd. 
Vancouver
360.597.2700

-------------------------------

Friday, March 15th

12- 1 p.m.

Healthy Living Presentation for SilverSneakers

Lacamas Sport & Swim
2050 NW 38th Ave
Camas
360.834.8506
-------------------------------

Sunday, March 17th
2:00 - 3:30 p.m. 


Outside of the Box for the Young 'Uns

Kids nine and older can learn simple, healthy snacks. Hard-cooked eggs just in time for Easter, Granola Parfaits (granola made from scratch), and Brown Bag Popcorn with healthy add-ins.

  • Classes are F-R-E-E
  • Class size is limited to about 15
  • Please call store to sign up for class and reserve your child's seat

Chuck's Produce & Street Market
13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd. 
Vancouver
360.597.2700

-------------------------------

Tuesday, March 19th
Thursday, March 21st


Clark College Health 100: "Food and Your Health" guest lecturer
*Closed to the public
-------------------------------

Tuesday, March 19th

Tuesday, March 26th


4-5:30 p.m.

Learn to Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box with Chrisetta Mosley


A FREE six-week program that offers fresh, healthy OUTSIDE of the Box ideas and recipes to anyone who lives, works, or plays in the Fruit Valley neighborhood.

Brought to you by The Fruit Valley Foundation.

Fruit Valley Elementary School (Family Resource Center)
3410 NW Fruit Valley Rd.
Vancouver, WA 98660

-------------------------------

Wednesday, March 27th

6-7:30 p.m.

"5 or 50" Women's Sustainable Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Group
No matter if you have "5 or 50" pounds to lose. It's time to start seeing yourself as beautiful, strong, capable and look beyond physical attributes. I'll facilitate the meeting and share my tips for staying motivated. This will be a safe, inspiring environment to share and grow.

  • Motivation and tips for healthy, sustainable weight loss
  • Recipe sharing
  • Self-love and affirmation
Cascade Park Community Library
600 NE 136th Ave.
Vancouver
360.256.7782

That's it and that's all. I hope to see you here, there, and everywhere. Let the March Madness begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News