Thursday, April 21, 2011

My story, our story

I'm actually about 10-15 lbs. lighter than Now photo

It doesn’t only have to be about me. My story could very well be your story. Whether you have 5 lbs. or 50 lbs. to lose, you too can shed the pounds and lead a healthier, fit lifestyle.

Sharing my story of losing over 160 lbs. is cathartic for me. I’ve said it many times before losing this amount of weight can’t be done in silence and so I write. Not only does sharing my story cleanse me, but I also share my story in hopes to reach others who struggle with weight, health, and self-esteem issues. I share my story to inspire, motivate, and encourage others. I share my story because I want people to realize that it’s doable – it’s within all of us. We all have the capacity to change. That’s the beauty of life – second chances. I’m no superhero (Okay, okay maybe I do have a few superpowers). Point is my story can very well be your story.

Since the inception of Farewell Fatso! a number of people have written to me for advice as well as to acknowledge how my story has helped them. One person in particular has been following me since the very beginning and she has recently just begun changing her lifestyle and creating her own story. She credits me for jump starting and inspiring her. Here’s a snippet of an email she sent to me the other day, “I wanted to let you know....I'M DOIN' IT. And thank you so much for sharing and inspiring ... I am living better and better and trying to pass it on to the family. Gotta start with me.”

I’m so honored and proud to have inspired her to action. Farewell Fatso! isn’t just for or about me, I hope to touch others lives as well – maybe even yours. Let my story be our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News