Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Glow

Sometimes I write a blog post that stays in my head. Yesterday's post, "Inside Out" is still on my mind. I have more I would like to add. Again, my journey of self-transformation and weight loss has been a process where I really had to take a look within. I spent, spend a lot of time sitting still with myself: Reflecting, thinking, and coming up with new ways to tackle issues. My journey has taught me that food is only half the issue. My reaction to my emotions, led me to food. If I hadn't taken the approach of looking inward I would have never been able to tap into this portion of myself. My whole self.

From time-to-time, I receive compliments from people saying that I glow, that I look radiant. I was thinking about it and I think the reason I glow is because I eat good wholesome food, exercise, and drink plenty of water. But, beyond those things I  believe I glow because of the process I've went through to shed the layers and the pounds started from within. Not sure if you can get this radiant glow by taking supplements, drinking shakes, or eating dietary food from a box. I know, I go hard on supplements, but I just think they are a quick fix, expensive solution for a deeper issue that requires a deeper more inward approach. I glow because as I searched within I found happiness, belief, pleasure beyond food, and everything else just came together. My glow is inside out. My glow is holistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News