Monday, January 9, 2012

Healthy Cooking 101: Vegetables

I love teaching cooking classes. It's the best of both worlds: I am able to share my weight loss story and knowledge about healthful eating/cooking. When I speak to a group there's a certain rush, but when I speak to a group and cook -- a whole 'nother level. Yesterday's class was an enthusiastic group of 25 folks seeking ways to prepare vegetables. We had a great exchange of ideas and dialogue among us.  The energy in the room was electric.We had a grand time as I showed them how to whip up:
  • Roasted Asparagus with Garlic
  • Roasted Carrots with Thyme
  • Sautéed Broccolini
  • Sautéed Collard Greens with Garlic                                                                                                                                              
As if the classroom experience wasn't rewarding enough. I came home to find this email from a lady who took my class for the first time. She also purchased a copy of "Bringing Cooking Back." Seriously, I love what I do!

"Sunday January 8 - went to my first cooking class by Chrisetta today. Amazing - I went and bought collard greens and Brussels Sprouts for first time in my life after class and getting her cook book. Wonders never cease - a true inspiration for me. Perfect timing - this is MY year to get ME healthy!!!! Love the energy you exude." ~ Patty

When you love what you do it is not work. I did not work yesterday.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News