Monday, January 2, 2012

Better for 2012!

Hello, 2012!  What a heck of a year 2011 was. It started off with me being knocked off my path when I was hit by a car and suffered a fractured Tibia and concluded with my first cookbook "Bringing Cooking Back" being bought by New Seasons Market - what a stark contrast. So many positive things happened for me over the year. Being knocked off my axis in the form of a car was actually a blessing in disguise. I learned and grew a lot in '11 and was presented with wonderful opportunities that allowed me to share my passion and knowledge with others. I am grateful for everything that happened over the course of the year, yes -- even being hit by a car. I made a bold statement in my blog post "Hello 2011… Goodbye 2010" and I fell short of the statement...I'm still fat. Ha ha. Fat, but better.

All I want is to be better. I"m always striving for improvement, in all areas of my life. Often I put so much emphasize on my health, fitness, and weight loss, but at the end of the day that's not what I will be remembered for.Well, maybe I will be, (Jack Lalanne was). My point is I want people to remember my heart. This year, I'll strive to be: More loving. More caring. More forgiving. More peaceful. More supportive. There are plenty of physically beautiful, rich, powerful people around that are soulless. I strive to not be one of those people.

I'm better inside and out than I was last year at this time. Next year, when I reflect I hope to say the same. This is an ongoing process. I am a work in progress. As I embark on 2012, which is full of fantastic opportunities and promise -- I simply want to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News