Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Challenge

This morning, my body aches, especially my feet. Oh my, aching feet! There are a number of possible culprits – but, I’m putting my money on the StairMaster® StepMill®. For some reason, or another – could be my stubbornness or plain stupidity, I just insist on climbing on the thing. Never mind, I sweat like a pig, pant, and can barely talk during the ten whole minutes while I’m on there. I can’t seem to get enough.

One thing, I’m learning about myself through this journey is I like to conquer things. A couple of months ago I took a cycling class and only made it through half the class (mostly due to the HARD seat). Anyhow, it bothered me that I was unable to stay for the entire class. So within two days I was back in cycling class and that time was able to complete the entire class. I’ve been back to cycling class a few times since then and have all but decided I really don’t like it, but I now know physically I can do it.

So…I think that’s my obsession with the StairMaster ®, I just want to know that I’m capable of doing it for more than ten minutes. Once I can get up to at least 30 minutes then maybe I’ll succumb, but until then I’ll keep stepping away. Let’s hope I can get up to 30 minutes without incident soon because I tell you -- that is an intense workout for a girl my size. The other day, I swear this older gent was looking so concerned I thought he was going to call for help. All jokes a side, there’s nothing I can’t physically conquer. Yes, it may be physically uncomfortable. Sure, it may cause me to be in compromised positions. But, no matter, I’m up for the challenge and until I’m personally satisfied with the results, I keep trying. I physically challenge myself more each day.


****
I thought this was a great description of their product: “For 25 years, the StairMaster® StepMill® has been called the toughest workout in the gym. We don’t think that’s fair. We think it just might be the toughest workout anywhere. For members who want real results and a real workout, there is no substitute.” From StairMaster® marketing team

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News