Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wardrobe Change


It’s a beautiful thing – I’m at my lowest weight in umpteen years. I feel lighter, movement is easier, and overall I just feel oh so good. But…visiting the closet and drawers lately to find something to wear - is a pain in the rear!
For most of my adult life I’ve wore the same size clothes or a range of sizes. It has taken me years to build my wardrobe, and fill the three closets in my bedroom with jackets, sweaters, skirts, dresses, shirts, blouses, jeans, slacks, and khakis. Ladies, you know how we do it.

So looking in my closet now-a-days is a bittersweet experience. On the one hand, heck yeah, I’m ecstatic I can’t fit those jumbo jeans anymore. Soon enough I’ll even be able to wear designer jeans, shoot designer clothes. My girlfriend promised me a pair of designer jeans once I reach my goal weight. That’s exciting. No more Lane Giant. I’ll be able to walk into any store and choose from the racks. Yet and still, I currently have nothing to wear and that bites. I like having a polished, coordinated look. Besides, my gym clothes, which also are way too big and really worn out, I’m down to a very limited number of pieces – about ten. So y’all please bear with me if you see me working the same few outfits.

Seems like an easy fix - just go shopping. Well, I’m still loosing weight so I don’t want to buy clothes in this size, which ironically is the size I had set as my goal -- I guess when I was almost 400 lbs. my standard was different, quite different. Anyway, I’m thinking soon I’ll visit thrift stores, clearance racks, or maybe even consignment shops to buy a few pieces. I have plenty of work to do before I’m at the size I want to build a wardrobe around. Enough already! I’ll stop my whining because really this is cause for celebration. Out with the old, and in with the new. Goodbye jumbo jeans. Goodbye Lane Giant. I’m glad to say I’m moving on and you won’t be missed.

2 comments:

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News