Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Old Habits Die Hard


It’s 10:09 p.m. and my stomach is burning from hunger. I’ve had a long, emotional, stressful day. The events of the day have caused me to quickly revert back to a bad habit. A bad habit, I’ve spent the last several weeks trying my hardest to break -- skipping meals. The only substance I’ve had today came in the form of a pre-workout protein shake around 9 a.m. And, now, at this late hour all the missed meals are coming back to burn me - literally. My stomach feels like a fire pit, my mouth is chalky and dry, and I have a nagging headache. To make matters worse, instead of doing anything about it I’m blogging. Humph.

I guess...I should be pleased I've broken the emotional eater pattern. My past tendency would've been to consume huge amounts of food in hopes the food would solve whatever was going on. Now, I do the opposite, I don't eat, which certainly isn't the right path either. I’m trying to find balance, however, it’s not always easy. Heck, it’s never easy. Clearly, at best my relationship with food is still, a work in progress.

Oh well, I’ll give it another shot tomorrow. For now, off to bed I go. Let’s just hope I don’t start a fire.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a better day today. You can recover like a champ I'm sure of it.

    I'm finding another emotional eating struggle right now. I am very under the weather currently. I am coming down with some sort of chest cold and am feeling really crappy. I want to drink soda. I'm not so hungry, but would probably eat something comforting like chicken n dumplins. I haven't yet. But I'll probably cave for the soda to boost some energy and calm my tummy a little. Heavy sigh.

    In reality a nice HEALTHY choice would probably be more healing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. M-

    Thanks. I'm feeling much better already. I'm headed to the gym so that for sure will get me off to a great start.

    As for the healthy choice - it might not be more healing to eat something healthy. Again, it's that balance we have to find. Sometimes chicken and dumplings will only do. It's just when we're only eating those types of food there's a problem. Again, I try to live about 90/10 or somewhere close with my eating. And for the soda I can't help you there haven't drank or craved it in probably seven or eight years. :) Whatever you decide don't beat yourself up too bad about it. Have a great day!

    BTW, Thanks for chatting with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this link on my friend's post via facebook.

    My parents, son, husband and I have all completed a few rounds of HCG to treat OBESITY. This has been a very successful thing we have done.

    My mother has lost 60 pounds in the last 3 months, I have lost 50, my husband has lost 60, my son 20 and my father 30 pounds.

    We have all become much more responsible choosing foods with no - less than a gram of sugar. And those of us who are off the HCG have committed to a healthy life plan of eating less than 15 grams of sugar a day.

    We have completely cut out all fake sugars... Splenda, Pink packets, blue packets and yellow packets. We researched and found these things just MAKE YOU FAT. So, we have replaced them with SweetLeaf Brand STEVIA [we think it tastes the best] and TruVia.

    So far, my life has drastically improved. Lots of the emotional/spiritual elements have c ome to the surface for us all. But ultimately, making these huge changes has lead to overall increase of health and inner healing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana -

    I'm really glad to hear about the success of your family's weight loss. I hope you all continue with your healthy lifestyle changes. Please continue to follow the blog and keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News