Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cause for Celebration!

One month ago today, I launched Farewell Fatso! As I reflect on the last month I feel pretty darned pleased with the dialogue that’s been exchanged and information given. I hope you all feel the same.

My goal is to continue adding information to help parents with overweight children. Sometimes I feel by sharing my story I loose my way a little with updating about issues surrounding childhood obesity. Please, make no mistake about it though my greatest desire is to do my part to help combat childhood obesity. So, please bear with me while I work out the kinks. We’ll get there – we’re going to start a movement!

Coming soon: Per your requests, I’ll add recipes to the site and a section about Food/Nutrition.

More exciting news…Today is the debut of my cooking class, Healthy Cooking 101. I created this class after hearing feedback from many of you struggling with recipes, especially healthy ones. Initially, I was going to add recipes to the blog (which I will still do), but part of what I was hearing was a lot of you also struggle with cooking techniques and that’s when I thought about offering classes. Look for photos and possibly even a short video clip tomorrow (Friday) from the debut of Healthy Cooking 101 class.

Thank you all for supporting me. Please keep following the blog, and for you local folks come join me for a cooking class/demonstration.

For once and for all, Farewell Fatso!

2 comments:

  1. It really was as good as the picture looks and i'm picky. That chicken was to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J -

    Whoa I have mad skills if I can convert a food snob like you. Ha Glad you enjoyed it and again thanks for showing me love.

    ReplyDelete

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News