Monday, August 5, 2013

Taste of Summer: Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwich w/ Cilantro Lime Slaw


I've become obsessed with what I call a Simple Slaw: Hand-chopped green and red cabbage, grated carrots, cilantro, and sliced green onions (with a sprinkle of salt and lime juice). Ooooo...It's fresh, crunchy, and oh so good. I typically serve it with an Asian style to-die-for homemade Teriyaki sauce or a ridiculous made from scratch peanut sauce. But, tonight I put a twist on it for the taste of summer: BBQ.

I'm really into making all my sauces, dressings, dips from scratch it's that Outside of the Box thing ya know?  I tried my hand at homemade BBQ sauce and I scored big time! Sorry no recipes yet. I'm working on them and some will be in the second edition of "Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box" so be on the lookout. Until then...Stay hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News