Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One Year: Outside of the Box


Clark College has been good to me! One year ago today, August 27th, my cookbook, "Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box" hit the shelves at Clark College Bookstore as a required text in the curriculum for students enrolled in "Health 100: Food and Your Health" and as a recommended text for students in "Health 104: Weight and Your Health." Woot woot!

On the shelves Fall '12




It's been my great pleasure and honor to visit the campus on a number of occasions as guest lecturer to show the students just how simple it is to whip up recipes from the cookbook. Hands down the favorite part of my "job" lecturing on campus. There's nothing better.  I can't wait to get back on campus in action this fall.





I'm thrilled to announce the health department will be using "Shop, Cook, Eat: Outside of the Box" for the second academic year, 2013-14.



I'm grateful, thankful for all the opportunities that my beloved cookbook has afforded me at Clark and beyond. Thank you Clark College for believing in me to author the cookbook and your continued support. Extra-special thanks to my mentor and friend, Veronica Brock for her belief in me, "For Veronica In Food and In Health."

Clark College -- here's to another Outside of the Box year!



---
Read "The Columbian" articles introducing the book:
Cookbook author aims to educate college students
After-school snacks get healthy makeover

A blog post (with photos)from the inaugural book signing at Clark College Bookstore:
Clark College: Outside of the Box 

Blog posts (with photos) recapping my guest lectures at Clark College:
Clark College: Steps OUTSIDE of the Box
Clark College: Steps OUTSIDE of the Box - II 
V day
OUTSIDE of the Box: Clark College Winter '13
Outside of the Box Finals at Clark College
Outside of the Box: Clark College Spring '13
Outside of the Box: Clark College (CTC) Spring '13
An OUTSIDE of the Box Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News