Saturday, July 17, 2010

90/10

I had lunch at a girlfriend’s house yesterday. She prepared a lovely lunch for us, but since I’m kind of a food Nazi right now (I only eat protein and vegetable/fruit carbs), it pretty much would have limited me to only eating the gorgeous salad she made. I thought how boring and unsocial would that be to just to eat the salad. So, instead of making a big fuss about it, I just grabbed myself a plate and served up small portions of everything she had to offer. Yes, everything. For goodness sake, this is a lifestyle change I am only human and part of my healthy relationship with food is learning to enjoy it, without abusing it. Besides, I try to live by the 90/10 rule. I eat healthy 90 percent of the time and I give myself 10 percent wiggle room. I don’t want to be handicapped by food any longer - I’m in control. I eat to fuel my body, but I also sometimes eat certain foods for mere pleasure. So yesterday, I guiltlessly had a great time eating, drinking, and socializing with good friends. That’s what life is all about. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News