Saturday, July 31, 2010

Props

I always have thoughts running through my head about what the next blog post will be about. Ironically, some of my better ideas come to me at the gym. For today’s post I had a topic all picked out, but I had this nagging voice telling me…No. No. No. Instead, acknowledge those who support you – the folks who are helping you walk this journey.

So here it goes…

First, and foremost all praise to God, for giving me the strength, courage, and love for myself to fight this battle.

My baby girl, Jasmyn for being there every step of the way, she’s so sweet. To show her support she started the strict eating plan with me three and a half weeks ago (never mind she only made it to day three). Mama loves you, no matter.

To my, fitness coach and hero, for arming with information about nutrition, exercise tips, listening to my constant complaining, keeping me focused, and telling me like it is. Thank you, thank you!!

To my, family - they’ve known and loved me the longest. They know, Ceety, the chubby little girl, who couldn’t ride a bike - the best. I love all y’all!

To my, closest dear friends, y’all know who you are even if we haven’t talked in a while. Thanks for believing in me even when I didn’t. And, Katina I’m not sure I’m able to fully express my gratitude for the encouragement and support you’ve given me throughout this journey. Sigh. I love you.

To my, wonderful circle, of newly acquired friends I’ve met through Zumba and the gym. Whoa! Where do I start… y’all have really helped me change my life. Each and every one of you have embraced, supported, and shown me nothing but love. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And, to anyone, who doesn’t necessarily fit into these categories but is a part of my life and journey. Thank you.

To my, followers of the blog and FB, you’re the reason why I do this. I hope by sharing my story with you - together we can combat childhood obesity. Thanks for showing your support.

Sorry for the diversion, but this was on my heart today. I’ll be back tomorrow with a more traditional post. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News