Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ahh…The Wonders of the human body

I have a new found appreciation for my body. It’s amazing to me that I’ve missed treated it for many of years by filling it with crappy food and little or no exercise and yet it still has managed to hang in there with me. Gosh, I’m thankful for second and third chances... It’s remarkable, by making a concentrated effort to take better care of myself and shed the pounds - I’m transforming my body into a new. About two months ago after losing a significant amount of weight I discovered I had a rib cage. I’d lie in bed at night counting my ribs: one, two, three… I know, I know, to those who are normal weight this is no big deal, but for me it was HUGE.

Not only has my new health regimen given way to a new look, but I have so much more energy. Since I’m fueling my body with the right ingredients my body is rewarding me in dividends. I no longer am tired all the time, depressed, anti-social, or grouchy (oh well, I had to put an even number on the list). Of course, I have my days but for the most part my outlook is much brighter. I love my body! What a complicated, precious, and amazing machine.

Oh and the clavicle bone – my latest discovery. I like. I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News