Thursday, November 3, 2011

Healthy

I've been fighting the flu for the last couple of days and so far it's winning. Body aching, head pounding, and feeling oh so sorry for self. I started thinking, I'm so very grateful for my health. Sure, every now and again I have some minor aches and pains, I may get a cold, the flu, a headache or stomach ache. But no chronic pain, diseases, or conditions. Some people have conditions or diseases where they have to take medication regularly,  injections, chemotherapy, radiation treatments, and they may go to bed and wake up in chronic pain. My heart goes out to those folks. Lying in bed sick the last couple of days has made me appreciate my health even more. Now, flu crude be gone I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News